‘Proof-it’ proofreading service will help you with:
- Spelling including capitalisation, abbreviations, terminology and numbering.
- Grammar including correction of punctuation, verb tense, sentence structure.
- Consistency of formatting for chapters, headers, footers and tables.
- Some suggestions for better word choices or positioning of sentences and phrases.
- Soft (electronic) copy submitted via the Contact Me page (maximum 50MB).
Files can be either emailed directly or proofread online by special arrangement.
- Original files: Word files (PC or Mac)
Other formats such as PowerPoint, Publisher, Portable Document Files (PDF), Rich Text Files (.rtf) may incur additional charges. Please Contact Me to discuss.
- Returned files: Microsoft Word with ‘track changes’ turned on highlighting changes you can accept or reject.
Other formats can be accommodated by request, e.g. files with changes highlighted in another colour in the actual document or a separate file listing the recommended changes. View samples.
Prices are based on the length of the document (word count), complexity of the document (straight text, ESL, technical or other) and timeframe for completion.
- No job is too small:
For short page documents (e.g. letters, pamphlets, menus, assignments up to 500 words) a minimum charge of $20 will apply and quick turnaround times (including same day service) can be provided by special arrangement.
- For documents up to 5000 words (20 pages based on 250 words per page) allow a minimum of two business days for straight text in the final draft stage*. For longer and/or more complex documents allow at least ten business days.
- Student discount rates start at $40 for 1000 words (4 pages) of well-written text. Additional charges may apply for longer and/or more complex documents (e.g. documents requiring specialist help with English as a second language).
- Longer documents up to 50,000 words will be quoted on an hourly rate. Discounts apply for not-for-profit organisations and students.
- Contact me for package deals on documents over 50,000 words.
Obligation free quote:
- Contact me with a description of your document type, the number of pages or words, and the date you need it returned. For the most accurate quote, please upload shorter documents and for documents over 7500 words, please submit a three-page or one-chapter sample of your work.
- Quotes for documents up to 7500 words include a free final proofread after you have implemented any accepted changes or comments. Longer documents will incur an additional fee.
All your revisions and corrections must be within the scope of the original job. If you write new material, you will need to submit this for a new quote.
- Should you accept the quote and wish to proceed, payment in full is required before service commencement. Proof-it proofreading service will send you an invoice with full payment details.
Arrangements can be made to work on larger documents in stages with a deposit of fifty percent required prior to commencement and the balance due upon completion.
Preferred payment options:
- You can pay by cheque, cash or electronic funds transfer in Australian dollars.
- Please pay in full at the time of booking, or discuss it with me if this is a problem.